The formation of the enterprise is the result of a Permaculture and Social Enterprise Design Course for young people followed by six months of mentoring through the Blue Mountains Pluriversity. It has been funded by Blue Mountains City Council, Bendigo Bank, Sydney Water, Rotary Club of Blackheath, and Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre.
A big thanks to all our performers and supporters that made our Gala Event a success. Also a special thanks to John Kelly for mentoring our audio technician for the night, Oscar Dalkin.
- Asmira Woodward-Page – Praised for her “transforming intensity and beauty of tone” (New York Times), Australian violinist Asmira Woodward-Page is internationally recognised as a unique and passionate artist who “speaks directly to her listeners” (The Sydney Morning Herald).
- Martin Foote – With a strong foundation in folk-blues fingerpicking styles, Martin Foote is a gifted guitarist who plays with a passion and flair that turns heads whenever he takes to the stage.
- Marion Walker – A Music Education graduate from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Marion Walker has played violin for over 40 years. With over 25 years of teaching experience, Marion will be presenting a selection of pieces in conjunction with some of her students.
- Taryn Srhoj – An alumna of Pacific Opera and co-founder of Blush opera, lyric Soprano Taryn Srhoj has spent a lifetime performing both on the operatic stage and as a vocal recitalist.
- Rowen Fox – Our tenor for the evening, Rowen Fox is an accomplished composer and conductor of vocal and choral music. He recently completed a Masters degree at the Sydney Conservatorium, for which he wrote his first full-length chamber opera, Chang’E and the Moon.