The Big Fix Ltd. is a registered charity which links storytellers to those in the community working on solutions for the common good. We believe it is our stories that help us connect and that inspire our better selves, and that balanced journalism requires that we tell the stories of problems AND solutions!
Under our banner of “the fixing news, not the breaking news”, and with the governance of hyperlocal community alliances, The Big Fix is returning ownership of the stories generated by activity within the community TO the community.
Our mission is to ‘Change the Story’ to grow a collaborative solutions-focused culture.
Working with local not-for-profit alliances we ensure that our stories represent all sectors of the community and our goal is to demonstrate the benefits of working together to achieve the best outcomes for everyone.
We group stories in the following sectors and hope to encourage more cross-sector collaborations:
- Community Groups
- Educators and Researchers
- Artists for a Change
As well as providing a news service we run events, workshops, internships, a volunteer program, and co-ordinate the Blue Mountains Pluriversity, Blackheath Community Farm, Edgy Blue Mountains and the Blue Mountains Permaculture Institute. We are members of the Blackheath Alliance, the Stronger Families Alliance, and The Blue Mountains Environmental Sustainability Network.
Our Committee of Management is made up of local community members.
Contact Senior Editor Lis Bastian here or on 0407 437 553
Make Blackheath News Your Homepage
To have the Blackheath News open automatically when you open a web browser, follow these steps:
- Click the three dots in the top right-hand corner
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the On start-up section
- Click Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click Add a new page
- Type “www.thebigfixblackheath.org” into the Site URL text field
- Click Add
- Close the Settings tab
- Click Safari in the top menu
- Click Preferences
- Click the General tab
- Click the New windows open with dropdown
- Click Homepage
- Type “www.thebigfixblackheath.org” into the Homepage text field
- Close the Preferences window
- Click the three lines in the top right-hand corner
- Click Preferences
- Click Home
- Click the Homepage and new windows dropdown
- Click Custom URLs
- Type “www.thebigfixblackheath.org” into the text field
- Close the Preferences tab